Laughter Road

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

God doesn't give us everything at once...

I just talked to my best friend, Erin, who just found out that the second round of invitro fertilization that she and her husband have gone through probably failed, though she won't know for sure until tomorrow.

I'm not married, and I've never been through what she's going through, so its hard to know what to tell her, how to comfort her, when she calls me, crying. That happened today. Especially since I haven't seen her since they moved.

Erin isn't a Christian(they're Jewish, actually) but she does have deep faith in God. We talked about how God doesn't give us the whole story all at once; that it's not our business to know what's going to happen. This especially rings true to me after hearing dr. Kalas speak about it in chapel. And if I don't get into grad school, and Erin never gets pregnant, that's not the end of the world. We just don't know the rest of the story, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK