Laughter Road

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Home to Mississippi...

I'm going home to Mississippi tomorrow; the first time in a few months. Friday, I'm traveling to my family's cabin in Arkansas, on the Heber Springs Lake.

Once there, I will endeavor to do nothing but listen to my iPod, read books that have nothing to do with school, and try to avoid the inevatiable questions from out-of-town family that always seem to follow one of three threads:
1. So, what are you going to do when you get out of school?
2. Tell me again...you went to seminary because..?
3. Aren't you married yet?

That last one usually comes as a incredulous statement rather than a question, but you get the drift.

I was looking forward to this trip until I found out I'd be spending the weekend on a peninsula with extended family. It won't even be warm enough to swim. I really just wanted to hang out in Memphis, see friends, and spend quality time with my dog. I'll be lucky if I can swing a few hours with friends on sunday night.

I'm whining, I know. Please forgive.

A related topic...
I got to spend time tonight with two of my favorite people. They are Woogles. Woogles are unique creatures that cannot be adequately described, except to say there is never a dull moment. If a dull moment seems imminent, never fear! One Woogle would love to tell you the latest about dovetail joints! If dovetail joints do not interest you, the other Woogle can usually be harassed into telling a story. He tells good ones. Ask him about the most expensive penny in the world.

I'll greatly miss the Woogles.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK