Laughter Road

Monday, August 06, 2007

I need a new bookcase...

I got myself into kind of a bind in the last couple months by trying to read too many books at one time. Usually I have 3-4 going at once...one I leave at work to read during lunch, one I leave at Bret's house to read while he's watching baseball or whatever, one in my car to get me through unexpected waits in restaurants, doctor's offices, whatnot, and a couple at home by my bed and scattered around other places.

Yeah, I read a lot.

But this time I was in over my head. I was trying to clear my plate so I could devote my brain to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but unexpected events kept that from happening. Added to the dilemma of what to read next was the fact that I was trying to RE-read the two prior Harry Potters' to refresh the story in my mind.

Are you following this? To sum it all up, these are the books I had going all at once when July 21 struck and I dropped everything to figure out what happened to Harry.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
by J.K. Rowling
Kitchen Confidential,
by Anthony Bourdain
To Say Nothing of the Dog
by Connie Willis
Thursday Next, A Sequel
by Jasper Fforde (this was another one that I was looking forward to--I've read his other books and have been waiting for the next one for a few years now).
Bloodsucking Fiends and You Suck
by Christopher Moore (I started You Suck and then realized it was a sequel to the first, and had to go back and read Bloodsucking Fiends first.)


In the last few months I've also read: (including but not limited to)
Swapping Lives
by Jane Green
(her other books have all been so good, and I'm not quite sure why this one was so boring)

A Song of Ice and Fire Series, 4 books:
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords

A Feast for Crows

by George R.R. Martin
(My boss is a big fan of this series, and he got me started on it. Its taken me about 5 months to read my way up to this point. Now I have to wait with the rest of the world for the next one)

Grace (Eventually)
by Anne Lamott
(loved it, loved it, loved it)

A Light from Heaven
by Jan Karon

Dark Angels
by Karleen Koen


On my "to be read" list:

Peony in Love
by Lisa See

Leaper
by Geoffrey Wood (hey, my high school English teacher wrote a book!)

A Tale of You and Me
Ann Brasheres(already started)

The Wizard of Oz
by Frank Baum (already started, reading this one and Mansfield Park via daily delivery of half a chapter to my email inbox)

Guy not Taken
Jennifer Weiner

Mansfield Park
by Jane Austen (working on this one right now)

And of course, there are still stacks of unread books around the house. I'll get to them eventually, but I kind of like knowing there is always a new book to pick up.

Anyone want to send me a new bookcase?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember all the books we carried into that 3rd floor apartment. I will NOT help carrying all these new books down the stairs if and when you ever move. You'll have to stand on the balony and toss them into a truck or van.

Momma

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up and I mean that in the most delightful way possible!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK