Laughter Road

Friday, August 19, 2005

this post is not about my iPod

I did something REALLY stupid tonight...since getting my new laptop, I've been trying to figure out how to transfer all the music on my iPod into my new iTunes library. Unfortunately, I completely screwed it up and accidentally deleted everything off of it instead. Yup, 1500 songs, plus a couple of hundred dollars worth of downloaded music. It's that stuff I bought off of iTunes, and the stuff from Kelly's legendary collection, that I will especially miss, because I can't get it back.
So that's why I'm still up at 4 am, putting all my CD's through the inport process again. And here's where we get to what this post is really about.
Norah Jones is one of my favorite musicians, and I can't listen to her without John coming to mind. For the past 2 1/2 years, I've been living 500 miles from him, but knew that I would see him whenever I came home, and that he was only a phone call or an email away. Now, I'm less than 90 minutes from him, and I have no idea how to find him. Ok, that's not exactly true; I could track him down if I really wanted to. I went to Jackson on Tuesday, to pick something up at Millsaps and go to Barnes & Noble. (There is no proper bookstore in H'burg, so I have to travel to get my book fix.) For a period of about 5 years, I couldn't go anywhere near Jackson without calling John up and us getting coffee. Now, I don't think I'd really have anything to talk to him about. I could talk to him about his total lack of respect for a lot of people who loved him quite a bit, but I don't think he'd sit very long for that one.
This totally sucks. It's not as though we had this big fight that ended our friendship. Instead, he just chose to cut me out of his life.

Norah Jones CD's are done. I've moved on to Dave Matthews now, who reminds me of someone completely different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK