Laughter Road

Monday, June 19, 2006

yowza.

I haven't posted in a week, and i didn't even realize it until I was searching for a meme to use tomorrow and didn't want to post two memes back to back. so. here's what's been happening with me.

1. I am finally getting a new car...my dad found me a new 2006 Accord. I think I'll drive home and pick it up sometime this week. Yea! Ergo, the new car needs a name. I think I'll have to drive it for a few days to determine its persuasion, but suggestions are welcome. I've always named my cars in the past...the big blue sedan was called "The great white hope", even though it was blue (she kind of had an identity crisis), the SUV I was driving when the accident happened was named Rhett. He was very southern and male, so the name fit very well. I've been driving a Volvo that belongs to my mom for about a year, and I named his Meatball, because he's Swedish. (or sVedish! as adele and i always pronounce it). give me some suggestions, people!

2. I'm thinking about going to the American Libraries Association conference that's taking place in New Orleans this weekend. TO all you people who think that must be the most boring place in the world...hey, don't underestimate the librarians, ok? We know how to party. I can think of few events that would be more fun than partying in NOLA with my fellow librarians-to-be.

3. It has apparantly made it through the grapevine that i've got a new boyfriend. He reads this blog, though, so I can't dish about him and his green eyes here.

4. Other current events include tweaking my thesis topic, which i think I've got pretty much nailed down, trying to figure out where I'm going to live next semester, and applying for a couple of jobs, including the Sewanee position.

Oh, and let's all give a big hand to the General Convention which is taking place in Ohio this week...the Episcopal Church of America elected its first female presiding bishop this week: Katharine Jefferts Schori.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK