Laughter Road

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

*hand*

I recently read about a website that would give you a survey, and then recommend books that you might like. I was excited about it, but the site turned out to be a major let-down. I went, and duitfully answered the questions, only to be told that no books matched my search criteria. They lie. I know there are perfect books out there; I've read them! (Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, all of Diana Gabaldon's books, Christopher Moore's Lamb, the Harry Potter books, Lord of the Rings, to name just a few) I'd just like to read a few more.

Online classes at USM started this week, and I'm not sure how I feel about them. There have to be very strict rules about the chats, because otherwise they would de-volve into chaos. Ergo, the pace is very slow. One cannot comment on questions another student is asking, without first being recognized by the moderator, and one must get in line to be recognized. By the time one has permission to speak, the question you were interested in will be long over. It makes for a very slow class. I much prefer a classroom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mink said...

What was the site?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hey! love your blog. thank you for being willing to serve, and for sending your BTP off to the big sandbox on the other side of the world. The site was Reader's Robot, but I'm not sure what the URL is. Just type it into a search engine. If you're still looking for good books, read Christopher Moore's "Lamb". I'd be happy to give or get more suggestions!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mink said...

Aw! Thanks ^_^

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK