Laughter Road

Sunday, October 30, 2005

things that go bump in the night...

October is always a really hard month for me. Things seem to lurk around each corner to throw me off kilter, and I can't seem to find a safe place to hide from them. Things start out harmless, but then turn into frightening episodes, filled with panic and fear.

I'm talking, of course, about the horror movies that the networks show so nonchalantly on every channel. There's no place safe to hide! Even flipping channels reveals monsters, blood, zombies, dark rooms with people standing in corners, eerie woods, and shows that count down the best horror movies of all time.

I've never been able to tolerate horror movies. I spend most of the movie peeking between my fingers, when I can stand to look at the screen at all. Music building to a crescendo is a good time for me to visit the bathroom, because something is going to happen and I don't want to be there. I've perfected the "appear to be watching the screen but actually focus on the exit sign so you don't see what happens" look.

Thank goodness its only one more day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK