Laughter Road

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

random stuff

I took myself to the gym today, after a 3 day break. I've been so tired lately, its all I can do to get out of bed in the morning. But the guilt was too much today, so I did the treadmill and a little weights while I watched an old episode of Survivor on cable.

On the plus side, my neck is feeling very good, after 3 weeks of seeing the chiropractor 4 days a week. My mom isn't doing as well; she's still having pain in her back and neck, so please pray for her. Hopefully, Daddy will settle my case in a couple more months, and I'll finally have enough money to get a newish car. I'm still leaning toward a Passat, a diesel if I can find one.

Here are a few more pictures from my trip to the coast. Up until I was in college, my family would make the 7 hour drive down to Pascagoula two or three times a year to visit my dad's side of the family. I spent a lot of hours playing on the beach with my cousins, and running around in the jungle that was my grandmother's backyard. There was a tree in the corner of the front yard that was mine: I spent a lot of time up in its branches, reading and seeing exactly how high I could climb without putting my life into danger. When my grandmother died several years ago, the house was sold, and the new owners didn't cut down the tree. I managed to climb it whenever we visited Pascagoula. I would have climbed it this weekend, but they yard was filled with FEMA trailers and large portions of the roof had been blown off. The house is also only about a half-mile from the beach, so they must have gotten several feet of water, too.


The above picture is what remains of the Yacht Club.








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! What pictures! I'm glad you showed them, but man, they're sobering!

Oh ... and you have a great blog here, Christy! :)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK