Laughter Road

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Wii you, too, baby.

About two or three weeks before Valentine's Day, I mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of the holiday. Quite frankly, I can think of lots better ways to spend $40 than on a dozen roses that would have cost half as much just a week earlier. And dinner in a crowded restaurant isn't very much fun for me either. I can never hear, and I hate to wait on service, and its just too much pressure.

Bret had to be at a conference in New Orleans February 13-15, and I went down to join him, and we had a blast. He did get me a gift, but it was more a late birthday present that a Valentine's Day present....a silver ring that has, engraved in Gaelic, the words, "Love of my heart." I love it.

We also both REALLY wanted a Wii....so we decided to spend the money on that instead. Not surprisingly, these are hard to find at the moment. Three or four times a week we'd "make the rounds" of Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam's, Target, and Game Zone, hoping that it would be the day. No luck. For DAYS and DAYS.

But today...today, I felt lucky. I first went to Best Buy...nothing. Target? Nada. Then, I walked into Wal-Mart, and there they were. I bought a system and extra controller on the spot.

We spent the evening playing games. He has natural talent, I have to work on it. I assume its a little marker on the Y chromosome that allows him to quickly understand all the different buttons and joysticks and how to hold them all at the same time to achieve the perfect golf swing or baseball pitch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Christy, Call me. Michael

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny. Brent found his old Nintendo system this past weekend...we are talking the very first Nintendo system...we spent a lazy weekend snowed in and playing Mario 3 and Baseball. I'm so stuck in the 80s. Good thing I found a guy the same way. That ring sounds beautiful. I love the Gaelic language.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK