Laughter Road

Saturday, June 25, 2005

My colors are Blush and Bashful...I have chose two shades of pink, one is much deeper that the other.

(You need to read this quote with every other word in emphasis to understand how it truly sounds. "My colors are blush and Bashful...etc.")

The title of this blog is a quote from the movie I watched tonight, Steel Magnolias. To many of you, the quote is recognizable. I've seen the movie more times than I can count, but tonight, for the first time in a long time, I actually got a little teary at the end. And I watched it with two people who'd never seen it before (something I can't imagine), so seeing them tear up did it to me, too.

I was almost creamed by a couple of pillows, though. I tend to say the lines along with the actors. I can't help it, there are so many good ones. Some of my favorites:
"Mama! This nail polish is dryin' way to dark! It looks like a stuck pig bled all over my hands!
"Boys! Don't cover your sister's car with condoms! It's tacky!"
"I needed a job in the worst way, and I didn't know if you'd hire someone who may or may not be married to someone who might be a dangerous criminal."
"And at the end they'll be a little piece of immortality with Jackson's good looks and my sense of style."
"The Mayor's wife got hit on the head with a baseball. It was fabulous"
"I don't trust anyone who does their own hair."
"All gay men have track lightin'. All gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve."
"Don't think you're going to get me to one of your churches with the Bible Beaters. They'll probably make me eat a live chicken." "Not on your first visit!"

The list goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BloggerNetwork.org

personal loan uk, home loan uk, secured loan uk, unsecured loan uk,  car loan uk
Personal Loan UK